Johnathan Brown is a student at Kingston Maurward College and is aiming to complete his Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Award by taking part in an expedition to India with the Dorset Expeditionary Society. Johnathan is working hard to raise the money for his trip, doing cake sales and sponsored runs etc and the JTYAF is pleased to help with expenses for essential equipment.
The objectives of the trip are:-
- To raft the headwaters of the Indus River
- To trek across the Moonlands of the Karakoram Range on the Tibetan Plateau
- To mountain bike several high altitude routes to the Chinese border
- To complete a crossing of the Greater Himalaya
- To complete a Gold Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Expedition
Johnathan explained :
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. As a kid I haven't had many opportunities to show my family and friends what I can achieve......by doing this expedition I can show how determined I can be.
Johnathan's Duke of Edinburgh's Award Unit Leader described him as showing outstanding leadership skills and said that this trip would provide him with lifelong skills and confidence for the future.
We wish Johnathan every success for his adventure and look forward to hearing about his achievements.