The JTYAF was delighted to support Caleb Gibson and Henry Bradbury who took to the ocean waves this summer on a voyage with the Tall Ships Youth Trust.
A Tall Ships Adventure is a total hands-on experience. Caleb and Henry were important members of the vessel’s crew and that involved more than just the sailing – it included food preparation, maintenance and cleaning. Their voyage aboard a Challenger Yacht provided a unique, physically and mentally challenging residential setting in which they could explore their true potential and develop many skills.
- Successfully completing a physical and mental challenge
- A sense of achievement and increased self confidence
- Teamworking under exacting conditions
- Awareness of the value of leadership skills and teamwork
- Healthier, more active lifestyle
- Improved life skills
- Improved citizenship skills
Henry and Caleb performed extremely well and received glowing reports from their Watch Leaders.
Congratulations to them both on a job well done and best wishes for every success in the future.