If you need inspiration to get you motivated for 2016 look no further than the Air Cadet Junior Leaders Course XVII.
The Junior Leaders (JL's) is the toughest but most rewarding of the Air Cadets leadership courses – any Cadet that makes it through has the makings of a very successful leader. As part of their assessment they are tasked with planning, organising and implementing a fundraising activity or event and the JTYAF is privileged to be the recipient charity for these activities. This
Since 2010 the Air Cadet Junior Leaders have raised an incredible £80,000 for the John Thornton Young Achievers Foundation! The Cadets on Course XVII are now in Phase 2 of their training and they have organised some amazing challenges to raise funds. From Skydives to Busking, 100K Cycles, Half Marathons and even a 48 hour ISO Container Challenge! The JL's listed below have opened online fundraising pages and would be very grateful for any support. Every little helps!
- Meg Hansen - Three Peaks Challenge
- Emma Graves - Trumpet – busking
- Charlie Harding - Bournemouth to Boscombe walk
- Luke Winston - West Highland Way 96 miles
- Jade Cox - Cycling from John O'Groats - Lands End
- Dan Bushell - Pen y Fan
- Harris Khawaja - Cycling from Lands End to John O
- Jinni Sur - 30 Miles in the Gym
- Richard Robinson - John O to Lands End
- Oliver Harding - Cycling 125 miles across Cumbria and Lancashire
- Alex Gibson Stark - Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon
- Danielle Green, Dominic Green, Toby Beardmore, James Ellis, Tom Spender and Louis Wedgwood - RAF Cosford to MOD Stafford
- Richard Terrington - 48 hour ISO container challenge
- Calum Palmer - London to Brighton 24 hour march
- Shaun Miller - Stockport Trail Half Marathon
- Euan Bandall - Euan's Jump
- Alexander Nye-Matthew - London loop
- Cameron Docherty - Skydive
- Jake Moore - Skydive
- Grant Anderson - Cycling to every ATC Squadron in South East Scotland Wing
- Oluwaseun Ibitoye - Coast to Coast Cycle
- Jonathan Crow - Western Marine bases
- Pete Trolley - Bristol to Bath Death March 100KM in 24hrs
- Thomas Stephenson - Personal Triathlon
- CWO Zandes and SGT Luke Esson - 12 Hour Endurance TAB
This video will give you a flavour of what the Junior Leaders Course involves.
We wish all the JL's the very best for their fundraising events and for the rest the course.